- Governing Board
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Regional Governing Board
Regional Governing Boards are local units of government organized under the Interlocal Cooperation Act for the purpose of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating and reporting of the local service systems of mental health, and substance abuse within geographic areas (regions). There are six regions in Nebraska.
Each county participating in the region appoints one county commissioner to the board to represent that county and to participate in the decision making of the Regional Governing Board. The Boards are staffed by the Regional Program Administrator who in turn hires sufficient staff to accomplish the tasks within the region.
The regions function as Regional Networks in the Behavioral Health System meaning the administrator, acting on behalf of the Board, purchases needed services from within the region and, if necessary, from other service providers across the state.
Region 6 Governing Board
Region 6 serves the residents of Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, and Washington counties in eastern Nebraska. The governing board includes one representative from each county:
- Cass County – Jim Peterson
- Dodge County – Gary Osborn
- Douglas County – Mary Ann Borgeson, Board Chair
- Sarpy County – Jim Warren, Vice Chair
- Washington County – Jerry Kruse, Secretary
The Region 6 Governing Board meets:
- Date: The Second Wednesday of Every Month
- Time: 3:30 PM
- Location: Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging (ENOA)4223 Center St., Omaha, NE 68105