- Prevention Services
Regional Prevention System Coordination Services
Regional Prevention System Coordination Services (RPSCS) are available to the public, community coalitions, and other prevention agencies. We provide resources, technical support, and planning assistance for those working in alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention field.
The mission of the RPSCS is to build healthy communities by providing effective and efficient technical assistance of the highest quality for our partners in prevention.
Our goal is to reduce alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use by individuals of all ages by equipping them with knowledge and skills necessary to change individual and environmental conditions that lead to use.
What We Offer
- Technical Assistance on proven prevention practices, models, and strategies.
- Training on relevant prevention topics
- Comprehensive planning services.
- Local information on our partners in prevention, community coalitions, and prevention services.
- Other services include: Outcomes development, grant writing assistance, and coalition building.
The assistance provided by the RPSCS supports change in the following objectives:
- Reduced favorable attitudes towards drug use.
- Reduced availability of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs to youth.
- Reduced number of youth with low commitments to school.
- Reduced number of youth displaying anti-social behaviors.
- Reduced number of youth who fail to perceive drug use as harmful.
- Reduced health disparities among racial and ethnic minorities.
The RPSCS provides services to Dodge, Douglas, Cass, Sarpy, and Washington county residents. The RPSCS Staff is available 8am-4pm Monday through Friday. There is no cost to utilize the RPSCS services.
Manager of Prevention Services
For more information, contact the RPSCS Manager at 402-546-1192
Area Community Coalitions
- LiveWise Coalition
- LiveWise Cass County E-mail
- LiveWise 40 – A Washington County Coalition E-mail
- Metro Omaha Tobacco Action Coalition
- Nebraska Urban Indian Health Coalition
- Nebraska National Guard Counterdrug Program
- Partners for Meth Prevention
- Project Extra Mile
- Tobacco Free Cass County E-mail
Prevention Resources and Information Links
- CADCA – Building Drug Free Communities
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org
- CSAP’s Prevention Pathways Online Courses