The "Get Started" button below provides access to service descriptions and providers for mental health and substance use disorder, funded by Region 6. Please contact organizations directly by clicking their logo for their most up-to-date information regarding the availability and accessibility of services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Boys Town National Hotline: 800.448.3000
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741741
- Nebraska Family Helpline: 888.866.8660
- Safe Harbor Warm Line Number: 402.715.4226
- The Trevor Project: 866.488.7386
- Veteran's Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Veteran Text Line: Text START to 838255
- Your Life Your Voice: yourlifeyourvoice.org
Mental Health Stigma Reduction
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare is currently a part of two campaigns to reduce mental health stigma in our community: Spokesimals Midwest and WhatMakesUs. This work is designed to engage the public in mental health conversations and provide a space for individuals to tell their own stories.
Who We Are
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare is responsible for the planning, developing, funding, monitoring and evaluating of behavioral health services in Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington County. This publicly funded behavioral health system includes mental health and substance use prevention, treatment and rehabilitation services provided by a network of providers, supported by federal, state and county dollars.
To organize and provide an effective and efficient system of quality behavioral health services for the people of Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington Counties.
To provide leadership through collaborative efforts with stakeholders for a united and comprehensive behavioral health system responsive to community needs and preferences.
- Region 6 values the planning, development and provision of accessible, culturally responsive, community strength-based services.
- Region 6 embraces the focus on wellness and recovery through quality preventive, treatment and rehabilitative systems of care.
- Region 6 promotes the active involvement of individuals, families, and communities while striving for continuous quality improvement.