- This event has passed.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Seminar II
April 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm CDTFree
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare is pleased to offer a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Seminar II. Spend five days with Copeland Center staff learning to become a WRAP Facilitator. This course is designed to prepares participants to facilitate WRAP® classes in their community and organization. You will gain a deeper understanding of the recovery process and learn to:
- Work with people who have mental health challenges to discover the strengths they have and can use to enhance their recovery;
- Effectively share the underlying concepts necessary to recovery - hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support;
- Work with individuals and groups to develop a WRAP; teach about wellness tools and strategies;
- Empower and motivate people to work toward recovery - feeling the way they want to feel, making their lives the way they want them to be, and moving toward meeting their life goals; and
- Use interaction and presentation styles and strategies that enhance recovery.
- Have taken Seminar I: Developing Your Own WRAP (16+ hours) (Region 6 offer class April 23-25 prior to this training)
- Have a co-facilitation and implementation plan for delivering Seminar I: Developing Your Own WRAP after training
- Agree to uphold the values and ethics as outlined in their facilitator manual.