- This event has passed.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Seminar II
April 29, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm CDTFree
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare is pleased to offer a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) Seminar II.
Spend five days with Copeland Center staff learning to become a WRAP Facilitator. This course is designed to prepares participants to facilitate WRAP® classes in their community and organization. You will gain a deeper understanding of the recovery process and learn to:
- Work with people who have mental health challenges to discover the strengths they have and can use to enhance their recovery;
- Effectively share the underlying concepts necessary to recovery - hope, personal responsibility, education, self-advocacy, and support;
- Work with individuals and groups to develop a WRAP; teach about wellness tools and strategies;
- Empower and motivate people to work toward recovery - feeling the way they want to feel, making their lives the way they want them to be, and moving toward meeting their life goals; and
- Use interaction and presentation styles and strategies that enhance recovery.
Participants must meet the following pre-requisites:
- Have taken Seminar I: Developing Your Own WRAP (16+ hours) (Region 6 offer class April 23-25 prior to this training)
- Have a co-facilitation and implementation plan for delivering Seminar I: Developing Your Own WRAP after training
- Agree to uphold the values and ethics as outlined in their facilitator manual.
In collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Copeland Center, this training is tuition-FREE for all participants that live and/or serve Region 6 counties (Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy and Washington)!
This is a competitive application process - we anticipate more applications than spaces in the training. We encourage you to get your application in early!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: No later than April 15, 2019 - Decisions will be made by no later than April 18, 2019.